Park Garage – 1140 N. Park Ave.
Date: March 21, 2022
TUCSON, Arizona – The University of Arizona Police Department (UAPD) is asking for the public’s help to identify the suspect of an attempted carjacking.
On March 20, 2022, at 11:27 p.m., UAPD received a phone call from a victim of an attempted carjacking. UAPD learned the incident occurred earlier that night, at approximately 9:21 p.m at the Park Garage. The subject approached the victim telling the victim to give him the keys to their vehicle several times. The victim reported the way the subject had his hands inside his jacket pocket made the victim think he may have a gun. A gun was not seen or implied during the incident. The victim yelled for help to people in the area which caused the subject to run away.
UAPD Detectives are actively investigating this incident and have included photos of the suspect, who is described as:
- In his 20’s
- Dark complexion
- 5’10” – 6’00”
- Thin build
The suspect may be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information regarding this incident and/or the identity of the suspect pictured is asked to call the UAPD Tip Line at 621-TIPS (8477), or if you wish to remain anonymous, call 88-CRIME.
UAPD reminds our community members to:
- Always stay alert and be aware of your surroundings
- Have a plan of action in the event you ever find yourself in this situation
- Where possible, park your vehicle in a well-it and/or high-use area
- Call 911 or (520) 621-8273 as soon as possible when safe to do so
- Report any suspicious persons or activity to UAPD immediately by calling 911, utilizing a campus emergency blue light phone, or using the Live Safe app
Contact: Sgt. Sean Shields #U0903
Public Information Officer