You can help prevent terrorism by looking for the eight signs or steps towards a terrorist attack:
- Surveillance: Surveying a property to gather information and intelligence about the property and inhabitants.
- Elicitation or Gathering Information: Someone attempting to gain specific information about a specific party.
- Testing Security: Attempting to access restricted areas or pulling alarms to test security reactions and response times.
- Finances: Funding for the terrorist attack.
- Acquiring Supplies: Obtaining supplies for the attack. They may go to public places to purchase supplies or lie about why they are buying supplies.
- People Who Don't Belong: People in an area who normally aren't there or are acting suspicious.
- Dry Run Rehearsal: Acting out the plan without actually committing the attack
- Deploying Assets or Getting Into Position: Placing people, equipment, and supplies at or near the target to begin the attack
Contact the Arizona Counter Terrorism Information Center (ACTIC) to report any suspicious activity at 1-877-2SAVEAZ (1-877-272-8329)