The University of Arizona Police Department seeks entry level applicants to attend the Southern Arizona Law Enforcement Training Academy. It takes a special person to become a UA Police Officer. Those interested in becoming a UA Police Officer must demonstrate effective critical thinking skills, exhibit sound judgment, and be healthy both physically and emotionally.
UAPD physical agility assessment includes:
- 500 yard run
- 99 yard obstacle course
- 165lb body drag (32 feet)
- Climbing over a 6 foot chain link fence
- 6 foot solid wall
Following successful completion of the physical assessment applicants will need to pass a written exam.
*A POST study guide and practice test for the written exam can be found online at the Apply to Serve website.
Other requirements include:
- Medical examination
- Psychological examination
- Drug testing
- In-depth background check
Applicants must meet the Arizona Peace Officer Standards & Training mandates. Rules R12-4-105, 106, 107, and 109. AZPOST minimum standards:
- US citizenship
- Age 21 at completion of academy
- No felony convictions
- No dishonorable discharge
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid & Unrestricted Arizona driver's license at the time of employment
For more information visit the AZPOST website.