UA Clery Timely Warning Notice
Type of Offense: Armed Robbery
Date: January 29, 2022
of Occurrence: January 28, 2022, at approximately 9:00 PM
Location: 1146 E. 6th Street
(University of Arizona Parking Lot 7156)
Reported to: The University of Arizona Police Department
Case Number: U2201290008
On January 29, 2022, The University of Arizona Police Department was contacted regarding an armed robbery which occurred on January 28, 2022, at approximately 9:00 PM in lot 7156 near N. Santa Rita Avenue and E. 6th Street. The suspects are described as two males, unknown race, approximately 16-35 years old, 5’06”, armed with handguns. They were last seen leaving the area southbound on foot. The victim was not injured in the robbery. Due to the delayed report to UAPD, a UAlert was not issued.
UAPD detectives are continuing the investigation. Anyone with information regarding the identification of the two suspects or information about this robbery is asked to contact UAPD at (520) 621-UAPD (8273). If you wish to remain anonymous, you may call the UAPD Tip Line at 621-TIPS (8477) or 88-CRIME.
Robbery Prevention and Safety Tips
- Trust your instincts – if you sense trouble, move to a safe location as soon as possible.
- Remain alert and be aware of your location, surroundings, and individuals near you, - walk with your head up and avoid distractions like cell phones or carrying too many items.
- If confronted, try to stay calm and follow the robber’s directions.
- Make slow, deliberate movements, and explain them as you do.
- Do not offer more than what they ask for.
- Be the best witness you can be. Make mental notes of sex, race, age, height, weight, hair and eye color, build, and clothing. Note anything unusual about the suspect, such as scars, tattoos, strange mannerisms, or speech patterns.
- Give the robber time to leave, and when you feel safe, CALL 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY.
Jason T. Brei Sgt. Sean Shields
Interim Chief of Police Public Information Officer