Incumbent receives calls from the university community concerning crimes and police emergencies; dispatches police units and broadcasts all information necessary to ensure safety of officers and public. Relays pertinent information in a factual and concise manner and must be able to effectively communicate and be skilled in handling high volume telephone and visitor traffic. This person operates a computer terminal to obtain vehicle and criminal record information and enters data into RMS system. Duties include monitoring fire, panic and security alarms for university buildings. Incumbents are required to maintain flexible work schedules in order to accommodate weekend or evening shifts. Benefits include: health, dental, life and disability insurance; a competitive retirement package; reduced tuition rates for themselves and family members; paid vacation, sick days, and holiday; and much more.
Apply at: www.uacareers.com
JOB NO. S22609
Backgrounds must be completed, notorized, and submitted by March 5, 2017.
See posting on uacareers website for details.
CANDIDATES MUST PASS A COMPUTERIZED TEST, ORAL EXAMINATION, FOLLOWED BY AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION TO INCLUDE A POLYGRAPH AND PSYCOLOGICAL EXAMINATION.
Please read the following to assist you with the testing process:
Salary starts at $36,000 ($17.24 per hour)
- Must pass a computerized exam to proceed to oral board.
- Obtain a passing score of 70% on oral review board for consideration.
- Pass an extensive background investigation, and psychological exam.
- Must become ACJIS TOC certified upon appointment.
- Six months police dispatching experience and six months clerical experience which includes typing experience; OR
- One year of office/clerical or related experience in which necessary skills are acquired.
- Must type at least 30 wpm.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, which include weekends and holidays.
- Must be skilled in determining priorities in high pressure situations.
|UAPD BACKGROUND PACKET|
(Please DO NOT double side when printing)