In the past two weeks, the University of Arizona Police Department has received several reports of thefts from unsecured lockers at the Student Recreation Center located at 1400 E. 6th St, and various Residence Halls located on campus. If you have information pertaining to the thefts or the suspect(s) involved, please call 9-1-1 or 88-CRIME.
As we approach the end of the academic year The University of Arizona Police Department would like to take this opportunity to remind the community of the following Safety Tips:
- Remain alert and aware of your surroundings and the people in your vicinity at all times.
- If you see someone or something suspicious do not hesitate to contact police.
- Store your valuables in a locker secured with a lock. Placing your items in an unsecured locker provides no security for your property.
- Do not leave your personal belongings unattended. Doing so will help eliminate the opportunity for theft to occur.
- Always close and lock your doors, even if you will away for a few minutes.
- Emergency blue light phones can be found throughout campus and give you direct access to UAPD with the push of a button. Know where they are located at all times.