On February 28, 2013, at approximately 9:14 a.m., a male University of Arizona employee was the victim of a strong-arm robbery while in the Highland Garage located at 1201 N Highland. The victim was approached by a male and robbed of his personal property. The suspect is described as a male with dark skin, 25 to 30 years of age, wearing a black long-sleeved shirt with an orange and black logo on the left sleeve, and faded baggy blue jeans. The suspect also had a tattoo on his left hand described as possibly a rose. The suspect stole the victim’s property and fled on foot down the northeast stairwell of the Highland garage. No weapons were seen or implied during the incident. The victim was not injured. Anyone with information about this incident is requested to call 9-1-1 or 88-CRIME.
The University of Arizona Police Department would like to take this opportunity to remind the community of the following Safety Tips:
- Remain alert and aware of your surroundings and the people in your vicinity at all times.
- Save important phones calls for a later time. Talking on cell phones or using other electronic devices when walking, biking, or driving are distractions and divert your attention away from your surroundings.
- At night, travel in well-lighted areas. Avoid “shortcuts” through dark or deserted areas. Use the buddy system and travel with a group.
- Utilize ASUA Safe Ride for a free way to travel between UA buildings and lots at night. Call: 520-621-SAFE.
- If you feel threatened or suspect you are being followed, walk toward well-lighted areas where there are people. Call 9-1-1 immediately!
- Emergency blue light phones give you direct access to UAPD with the push of a button. Know where they are located at all times.