On Wednesday, February 13, 2013, detectives from The University of Arizona Police Department arrested Kwame Toliver in connection to the strong-armed robbery of a University of Arizona student that occurred on Tuesday, February 5, 2013. Travis Starks and Aaron Lewis were arrested on Friday, February 8, 2013, in connection to the Strong-Armed robbery but their identities were withheld at that time due to the ongoing investigation. All three males were booked into the Pima County Jail and charged each with one count of Aggravated Robbery, ARS 13-1903, a class three felony. The males are identified below.
Travis Starks Aaron Lewis Kwame Toliver
Date of Birth: 7-29-92 Date of Birth 2-23-92 Date of Birth: 9-18-91
The UAPD Crime Prevention Unit would like to take this opportunity to stress the importance of personal safety. Listed below are several safety tips that you should keep in mind, and remember to report any suspicious persons or activity that you may see by dialing 9-1-1.
- Remain alert and aware of your surroundings and the people in your vicinity at all times.
- Save important phones calls for a later time. Talking on cell phones or using other electronic devices when walking, biking, or driving are distractions and divert your attention away from your surroundings.
- At night travel in well-lighted areas. Avoid “shortcuts” through dark or deserted areas. Use the buddy system and travel with a group.
- Utilize ASUA Safe Ride for a free way to travel between UA buildings and lots at night. Call: 520-621-SAFE.
- Safe Walk is a free service offered by the Women’s Resource Center. To contact Safe Walk and have two walkers respond to your area to escort you to your destination call: 520-471-5262
- If you feel threatened or suspect you are being followed, walk toward well-lighted areas where there are people. Call the police immediately!
- Emergency blue light phones give you direct access to UAPD with the push of a button. Know where they are located at all times.