The University of Arizona Police Department would like to make you aware of a recent fraudulent scheme occurring near campus.
In this fraudulent scheme an individual approaches the unsuspecting buyer and claims to be selling electronic equipment at a reduced cost. Once the buyer makes the purchase it is discovered that the merchandise is not as portrayed to the buyer.
Be highly skeptical of solicitations such as this. If you feel that any sale is a fraudulent scheme alert the police immediately by dialing 9-1-1.
The University of Arizona Police Department would like to take this opportunity to remind you to utilize good safety and security practices. Listed below are several safety tips you should keep in mind:
- Be alert to your surroundings and other people around you.
- Report suspicious activity, persons or vehicles by calling 9-1-1.
- Do not take out your wallet or count cash in front of strangers.
- Never withdraw money from the bank or ATM for a stranger.
- Never give someone a blank check or allow them to help you fill it out.
- Be aware of your surroundings when using an ATM.